Wednesday, May 13, 2015

St. Clair Flats Fishing and Scott Tidal 8 Review

Had a great opportunity to get out and fish the flats of Lake St. Clair.  I also broke in my new Scott Tidal 8wt.  I had never fished flats for smallmouth before.  It quickly became of my most memorable fishing experiences so far.  Between the three of us, we each landed plenty of fish.  A chartreuse and white clouser was the fly of choice for the afternoon.  Tidal review is posted below. 





Taking a break from the wind.
Triple!


Great color on this fish.


SCOTT TIDAL REVIEW 

The matte black reel seat looks great with any color reel.
 

My Scott Tidal 8wt was a joy to use in these conditions.  There was a 20-25mph head wind blowing all afternoon.  I was able to throw accurate 60 foot cast with ease despite the wind.  Scott designed this rod to target the mid range price market. This rod is able to handle massive streamers, as well as small carp flies.  I have gotten the chance to use the Tidal for carp fishing as well.  I am very impressed with how this 8wt can delicately present small carp flies to tailing fish without causing them to spook.  The Scott Tidal will be my go to rod this summer.  Retailing at $475, this rod is a steal.  The great performance of this rod matches the look of it too.  This is one of the cooler looking rods on our rod wall.

 If you are in the market for a new 8wt rod, make sure you come by the shop and check out the Scott Tidal 8wt. 

Cheers,
Ted Nicholson

Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
(513) 871-FISH
shop@bestgear.com
Mon-Thurs 10-8
Fri-Sat  10-6
Sun 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment