Friday, May 1, 2015

Brookville Fishing Report

          I got out to Brookville Tailwaters and did extremely well.  The fish just seemed to be on.  I picked up many nice holdover browns including a healthy 23" fish as well as some rainbows.

Such a pretty 23 inch Brookville Tailwaters brown trout


           Nymphing is the way to go in the low, clear, water.  All of my fish came on nymphs.  Small (sz. 18-22) princes, zebra midges, and rainbow warriors produced the best.  When the water gets really low, focus on the pockets and "deep" runs.  I saw the 23" that I caught feeding in a super shallow flat, so I took of my indicator and sight fished with my nymphs.  It was a good day!

Call the shop for any questions at (513) 871-3474

Tight Lines,
Alexander Helmicki

17.5"




Big belly on this guy
Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
(513) 871-FISH
shop@bestgear.com
Mon-Thurs 10-8
Fri-Sat  10-6
Sun 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment