Tuesday, May 8, 2012

new item: Filson Safari Cloth pants

We just received a shipment of the Safari Cloth pants from Filson a couple of days ago.  D&H actually carried these pants 15 years ago and I am not sure why we stopped stocking this style.  I guess the shop gets so full of merchandise and sometimes some styles get overlooked. 

I wear my Mountain Khakis almost every day and really like them, but when I need a crisper looking pant I always turn to the Filson Safari Cloth.  The 6 oz cotton holds a crease well and looks good with a navy blue blazer for a wedding or just a nice shirt for a summer cocktail party.  When it is hot and humid, which is all summer in Cincinnati, and I need to look sharp, these are the pants I reach for.  They come unhemmed which I like so that I can have cuffs put on by Tony and Nick at Nobby Tailors on 7th Street.

Now that the weather is warming up, I will probably be wearing my Safari Cloth pants more often.  Now all I need are some fun summer party invites.
- Mark

1 comment:

  1. Safari clothing is essential when you are visiting a desert climate, especially if you are not accustomed to the rapid temperature changes and intense heat of the day.

    Filson Clothing

    ReplyDelete