Monday, March 9, 2015

Mad River Fishing Report 3/7/15

          I got out this past weekend to float the Mad River in a drift boat.  It was a fun first experience.  I floated it with my buddy Lou.  He knows the Mad better than anyone, so it was fun to fish with him and listen to all of his fish stories and knowledge.

My Hyde Rocky Mountain Skiff
          Within sight of the put in, Lou picked up a fat healthy brown on a streamer that taped 19".  No fish were caught on nymphs the whole day, which was cool.  As we floated down, we proceeded to move three fish over 20", with some dinks landed.  Lou hooked into one and lost it and I messed up the opportunity to land a two footer (I'm still crying).  It was a great experience to fish this river from the Hyde.

Tight Lines,
Alexander Helmicki
Delamere & Hopkins


Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
(513) 871-FISH
shop@bestgear.com
Mon-Thurs 10-8
Fri-Sat  10-6
Sun 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment