Friday, November 14, 2014

Brookville Fishing Report 11/13/14

          I had the opportunity to get over to Brookville Tailwaters yesterday and do some fishing.  Water was very high at 4.5ft and it was pretty chilly at 27 F and snowing.  The fish were there though.

Crazy flows. Water was ripping downstream.
          I mainly focused on streamers with a heavy 6.0ips sink tip fly line.  This was key to get the flies down deep to the fish. I  fished large and heavy streamers most of the day.  I did a little bit of nymphing in areas with good seams of fast and slow water and had some success with one of my larger hothead patterns.
          Don't be afraid of the high water.  Many of my largest Brookville browns have come when the water is up over 4ft on large streamers.  Just be very careful when wading, it can get pretty hairy.  If you have any questions, feel free to call us at the shop at (513) 817-3474.

Tight Lines, 
Alexander Helmicki

Hit a large brown bunny leech.
A nice 16"
Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
513-871-FISH
Mon-Thurs  10-8
Fri-Sat  11-6
Sun  11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment