Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bird Hunting 10/28

I've been waiting all summer to spend some time hunting with Rye. Though it is still a bit early in the season, I headed down to Shags Run to get Rye into some birds. I didn't take too many pictures since I was shooting and working with Rye. We beat the rain and had a fun morning.


    The cover was still quite thick and the temp's were still quite warm. Rye did pretty good under the circumstances. The fields looked great. I also flushed several woodcock that were hanging out for a bit on their way south. Billy Gerwin is booking hunts now. He can be reached at 513-200-1846 if you have any interest in birds dogs or bird hunting. He also has several English Setter pup's that will be available for sale soon.
       I always enjoy dining on the results of a hunt but the first meat of the year is always special. Tonight I went the easy way and mixed up some cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup with milk, vegetables, and rice. Baked the birds in mix it for about 1.5 hours at 375. It was a great bit of comfort food after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment