Saturday, January 26, 2013

Men's Market Week in NYC

I am in NYC and have just completed five days of meeting with vendors and viewing their offerings for the Autumn/Winter 2013 season.  I saw way too much that I liked and now the hard part is to narrow down what to buy.

After arriving in NYC, I immediately took a cab over to MRket for my first meeting.  MRket is a better menswear show that is dominated by best quality suits, shirts and footwear from Italy and the UK.  Lucky for me, some casual vendors have snuck in and set up booths.  Vineyard Vines was my first appointment and we went thru the line piece by piece.  The island folks did not disappoint with some fun shirt patterns.

...and some crazy tropical camo pattern board shorts
My next meeting was with Woolrich, one of my favorite lines to view because in the last couple of seasons the company from PA has been digging thru the archives and presenting some great classic American outdoor pieces.  Founded in 1830, the company realizes that they are a great heritage brand and they have been showing me pieces that scream D&H.

No comments:

Post a Comment