Monday, April 27, 2015

new fly just arrived: Umpqua Bushwacker

    I was going through the Umpqua catalog and saw a fly that I thought looked like one of the best small baitfish patterns I had seen in a while. Sometimes flies are glorified in catalogs, but this one was exactly what I had hoped. We have it in Chartreuse/White and Tan/White and might be getting this fly in a few more colors with our next order, get 'em while they last!


There are a couple reasons I really like this fly. The first reason is the hook shape, the hook is a worm hook used by conventional fisherman. This hook has the ability the hook fish easily and remain weedless at the same time. The second reason I really like this fly is the shape.  As you can imagine, I'm pretty picky about my flies and the profile on this fly is great.



This is a snap shot of the hook and how this fly works. The weight of the hook is on the bottom makes the fly swim Chart/White.


I cant wait to see this fly hanging out of a smallmouth or hybrids mouth!!



Louis Seta

Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
(513) 871-FISH
shop@bestgear.com
Mon-Thurs 10-8
Fri-Sat  10-6
Sun 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment