Saturday, May 11, 2013

Columbia Insect Blocker Shirt

The nice weather is upon us in Cincinnati and I have been spending a bunch of time working in the yard and on our vegetable garden.  The last couple of seasons the mosquitoes have been active in our yard and I can't wait to try the new Columbia Insect Blocker Shirt.  I like that the shirt looks good to wear around town or in the bush, has a UPF rating of 30 for the lightest color and is a wick-dry fabric.  I talked to a guy that used this shirt in South America and he said that it worked great.
You can roll-up the sleeves and secure them with the Swiss tabs.  I use this feature on many of my fishing shirts and it works great.

The venting on the back of the shirt is nicely hidden and the front pockets are not too large and aggresive looking so that you can wear this as a travel shirt and get away with walking into a cafe and not look like "Johnny Jungle".  Delamere & Hopkins is stocking this shirt in blue, tan and white for men and lavender, dark salmon, white and tan for women.  The Hyde Park Square shop also is stocking pants for both men and women that use the same technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment