Friday, January 15, 2016

Brookville 1/15/16

      I headed over to Brookville for the first time of 2016 today. The water was at 4.25 to start the day and then bumped up to 4.54 which made for a good day of throwing streamers. The spitting rain and heavy cloud cover kept fish out and about for a while. I ended up going 3 for 5 on browns and landed a disappointing sucker and walleye as well.



I was fishing a 7wt with a SA sonar sink 25 250 grain line that allows me get more buoyant, weightless streamers down to the feeding zone. I started the day off throwing a white mini D&D and ended up switching to yellow after about 45 min. I switched to a yellow/copper Circus Peanut and that produced pretty well resulting in a mid teener and an upper teen (above) that was probably in the 19-20" range.


Even though the Circus Peanut was producing, I switched to a Bad hair and caught a lower teens fish and rolled another.



This bastard sucker really had my hopes up to be a bigger brown.  It was putting a good bend in my rod and didn't surface right away.  Surprisingly enough, the sucker actually ate a Drunk & Disorderly that was about 5 inches long.


I rolled another fish a bit later and then called it a day after about 3 hours since the skies opened up. All-in-all it was a good day and I probably haven't ever rolled bigger fish like that in just 3 hours before. Keep an eye on the weather and don't let rain and clouds keep you in. I was pretty close to not going today, but I'm glad I did.

Louis Seta

Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
513-871-FISH
Mon-Thurs  10-8
Fri-Sat  10-6
Sun  11-5











No comments:

Post a Comment