Monday, February 23, 2015

My Sunday - Hunting & Tying

   Despite the snow, my Dad and I decided to go out and do some bird hunting.  We had this day on the calendar for a while and didn't want to re-schedule.  It ended up being one of the most exciting hunts I've had.  Since the snow was a little frozen on the top, the birds couldn't burrow like they would have liked and they did a lot of running and moving around.  We hunted Mike, who is a Shags Run setter and he did great.  Mike has a great nose, listens well and tracked the birds fantastically. After the cold morning, I came home and continued to stock my spring fly box with some bait-fish patterns for the Hybrid Bass.  It was a good day.  Enjoy the pictures!

If you look closely at this picture you can see the dog (on the right) and the bird half way up on the far left.
 - Louis



Walking in the snow was a work out for all of us

My Filson Strap vest has served me well this year

With Hybrid season approaching, it's a lot of fun to try new fly patterns.  To make sure I have enough to last me for a while,  I've been tying a lot of Hollow Flies and think that they will do great this year. If you have any interest in learning to tie these, just give me a call!


This was one of my best flies from last year in Chartreuse and white, below is the same fly in a different color!





 Thanks for looking!
- Louis

Delamere & Hopkins
Hyde Park Square
2708 Erie Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45208
513-871-FISH
Mon-Thurs  10-8
Fri-Sat  11-6
Sun  11-5



No comments:

Post a Comment